Carom balls Dynaspheres Platinum 615
Set of carom balls contains: 1 white ball, 1 red ball, 1 yellow ball and a cleaning cloth
- Brand: Dynaspheres
- Article code: 180450
- Availability: In stock
- Delivery time: 3 - 6 work days
Next generation phenolic resin balls
Better quality, better service, better prices!
each ball is marked with 6 blue Rotor ™ for increased feedback when spinning.
- SIZE: 61.5 mm +/- 0.08 mm
- WEIGHT: 210 grams +/- 1.0 gram
- GRAVITY: 1,725 +/- 0.02
- HARDNESS: ≥ 59 Rockwell
- COMPOSITION: extremely high phenolic resin content
(tests conducted under controlled conditions: Temp 22-25 degrees Celsius, humidity 50% +/- 5%.)
- Manufacturing starts with the preparation of the required batches of Phenolic Resin according to a strict recipe.
- A robot fills the moulds with Resin.
- First cure in the oven; this turns the resin into a solid. At this stage the resin is not fully cured yet.
- First grinding to prepare the rough shape of the ball.
- Cutting of the numbers or any other sign into the ball with a 0,25 mm diamond tool.
- Phenolic Resin is casted to fill up the routed grooves.
- Second cure in the oven.
(Depending on the number of signs which are desired the 3 previous steps will be repeated again.)
- Second grinding to bring the ball close to its end-size.
- A custom build grinding machine in combination with a 5-axis router brings the ball to its final size.
- Final curing under very tightly controlled circumstances in order to guarantee uniform hardness and colour. 5.000 balls will go into the oven simultaneously!
- The proprietary finishing/polishing process (HC-142) will give the ball its final strength and luster.